UPS & Backup Generators
What are UPS & Backup Generators?
We supply, install and maintain UPS’s, generators and batteries to protect all areas of your business from power disruptions. But what we really do is give you security and peace of mind that all your business functions will continue to operate as normal in the event of a power outage.
Comprehensive project planning includes
We supply a huge range of cutting edge, energy-efficient UPS systems which guarantee a constant supply of power in case of power outages.
Our UPS’s consist of three main components.
- The rectifier-charger transforms input power from AC to DC to charge the UPS’ batteries.
- The batteries hold this charge, so it is available in the event of mains failure.
- The inverter converts this power from AC to DC again – the voltage is tailored specifically to your equipment’s requirements.
There are a number of different problems which can occur on mains electricity – ranging from a complete loss of power to the wave form shape becoming warped. We supply products to cover every eventuality. These fit into three main categories:
- A Passive Standby UPS will detect a power supply failure or power surge and immediately provide power to anything connected to that source.
- A UPS using Line Interactive topology will protect against slight increases or decreases in the mains supply – smoothing out any fluctuations. A Line Interactive UPS will also protect against power outages by switching over to using power from its battery.
- A UPS with Double Conversion topology will protect against other types of supply problems such as line noise, frequency variations or harmonic distortions. A double conversion UPS’s load is always clean and reliable as it is totally isolated from a low quality mains supply.
- Our team will advise you what topology and specific model of UPS will best suit your business.
We install power monitoring software into our units which means that all the UPS’s in your virtual network can be managed remotely from the same application. This ensures you stay in complete control.
The power monitoring software will automatically minimise or even eliminate downtime in the event of a sudden system shutdown by triggering an information transfer between an affected server to another in the network. This ensures your business continues to run smoothly without expensive downtime.